In Muranga’s County, there are 7 sub-counties and 35 wards:
- Kihani Sub-county: Wangu, Mugoiri, Mbiri, Murarandia, Gaturi and Township wards
- Maragua Sub-county: Kimorori. Makuyu, Kamahuha, Icagaki and Nginda wards
- Kigumo Sub-county: Kahumbu, Muthithi, Kangari, Kinyona and Kigumo wards
- Kangema Sub-county: Kanyenyaini, Muguni and Rwathia wards
- Kandara Sub-county: Ngararia, Muruka, Kagunduini, Gaichanjiru, Ithiru and Ruchu wards
- Gatanga Sub-county: Gatanga Ithanga, Kakuzi, Mugumoini, Kihumbuini and Kariara
- Mathioya Sub-county: Gituhi, Kiru and Kamacharia wards
The first phase of the program implementation will include the selection of one school from each county and training the teachers. Each school has an average of 25 teachers and each teachers is in charge of about 40 students. Thus, training the teachers will have a trickle effect on the rest of the population.
The focus will be on how to deal or cope with the diverse issues that have emerged from this COVID-19 period. Children in schools have not only been affected by the disease, but they have also had to encounter the economic and social issues that have emerged from this health crisis. Issues such as pregnancies, economic difficulties, school delays and deferrals, domestic challenges, uncertainties and other problems have all had a toll on the mental health of the students and teachers. It is, therefore, relevant to show how the teachers will deal with these issues and then teach them how they can help their students handle these challenging times as well. The program will apply the course that has been tested and approved by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education.
The Family Tree Initiative
P.O Box 8182-01000